GUITAR FOR BEGINNERS (TERM 2)
Tuesday 7 May for 10 weeks
7.00pm – 8.00pm
This course is entering its second term and is suitable for anyone who has been learning acoustic guitar for at least one term. Learners will be asked to speak to the Tutor in advance and attend the first session to see if the level is suitable for them.
You will look at the mechanics of popular music through the study of the diatonic scale system and its relevant chords.
Learners would benefit from practicing / playing up to 4hrs per week – but not necessarily in one session or block.
• Develop an understanding of the structure(s) of western music - the diatonic system
• Demonstrate the basic use of a plectrum to accompany a song
• Demonstrate a simple patterned finger pick to accompany a song
• Be able to play a simple solo guitar piece
• Be able to play along with a simple song in a group format
What you need to bring to the first session:
Witchford Village College, Manor Road, Witchford, Ely, Cambs, CB6 2JA
7, 14, 21 May (No class on 28 May due to Half Term break.)
4, 11, 18, 25 June
2, 9, 16 Julyl